Are your employees your most valued asset?
If so, you’ll want to keep your workers safe and reduce possibility of injury.
To assist you, 3DMind Solutions offers the following assessments:
Ergonomic Workstation Assessments
Address potential or actual issues with workstation environments and individual work practices. Unsound ergonomic practices can contribute significantly in the development of musculoskeletal disorders – neck and back pain, shoulder and arm pain, headaches and repetitive injury strains. Implementing sound ergonomic workstation principles via an ergonomic workstation assessment not only assists with increasing safety and comfort but efficiency and productivity in the workplace.
Read More –
Ergonomic Workstation Assessments provide:
- Simple, practical and cost-effective recommendations tailored to each assessed individual’s needs
- Source and prescribe quality and affordable equipment specific to the needs of the individual
- Make recommendations on injury prevention methods tailored to the assessed individual
3DMind Solutions can assist with achieving a safer, more productive workplace through comprehensive office ergonomic workstation assessments for individuals or groups. We can assist your workplace with:
- Office ergonomic workstation screening programs
- Comprehensive reporting on workstation assessments
- Ergonomic workstation group training
Work Capacity Assessments
Specifically examines an employee’s current physical capacity to safely undertake a current or proposed work role. Measuring the employee’s physical capacity, the assessment is used to assist with an injured employee’s return to the workplace or for re-deployment opportunity.
The Work Capacity Assessment typically involves:
- Description of the job task
- Breakdown of the physical demands of the job task (including frequency and duration of tasks)
- Assessment of the work environment
- Identification and recommendation (if appropriate) of equipment required to perform the duties
- Cognitive and behavioural demands of the role
- Photos of the employee performing the job task
- Overall physical demand rating of each job task
3DMind Solutions can provide these assessments to assist with a safer and sustainable return to the workplace for injured employees and greater accuracy with identifying and implement re-deployment opportunities.
Manual Handling Risk Assessment & Training
An onsite training service designed to educate employees and workplaces on:
- How workers can use their body in a safe and efficient manner to reduce risk of injury
- Easily understood anatomical principles
- Getting workers “buy in” to new and safer practices
- Body mechanics and how some movements performed can cause injury
- Identifying situations at the workplace where injury may occur and how to practically and effectively reduce risk
- Appropriate manual handling techniques specific for the workplace
If you require a specialised program, we will visit the workplace, review the environment and operations and compile a program specifically designed for your circumstances.
3DMind Solutions can provide the following (depending on your needs):
- Participant handbooks including warm-up and stretching handouts
- Certificate of completion for each attendee
- Training competency register for your record
We will encourage personal behavioural change and embed practical skills to be applied right away.
Functional Capacity Assessment
FCA is used to better understand a worker’s current physical capacity by objectively measuring a worker’s ability to perform physical activities. The FCA is best used when a person has an injury or condition that directly impacts their ability to perform specific work tasks.
Read More –
Functional Capacity Evaluations are used to assist with:
- Establishing physical capacity
- Identification of suitable work duties or activities
- Assist with determining return to work or other activity goals
- Assist medical treatment providers and other health professionals with appropriate medical certification
- Guidance with redeployment options
Additionally, the FCA can assist with determining:
- A person’s readiness to return to work
- Guidance with return to work programs
- Establishing if a person is physically performing to their maximum level
All FCA’s are designed to reproduce specific physical activity demands and usually include (but not limited to) the following activities:
- Overhead and forward reach
- Gripping, handling
- Walking, stepping, crawling
- Standing, sitting, bending
Work Task Analysis
An onsite service that identifies, analyses and records specific work role requirements. The assessment looks closely at work tasks involved in an identified work role and the exact requirements needed to perform the role.
Read More –
Information gained from this service can assist with:
- Appropriate recruitment and selection processes
- Workforce planning
- Identifying safety or work process hazards in the work environment
- Planning the safe and sustainable return of an injured employee to the workplace
Multiple Work Capacity Assessments are combined to create a workplace Job Dictionary – a valuable tool to aid workforce and operations management.
Some of the benefits of completing a Work Task Analysis include:
- Providing both employer and employee with a clear and concise picture of the work role
- Provide a clear understanding of the inherent physical demands required to successfully undertake a particular work task
- Assist with compiling and guiding pre-employment medical testing
- Assist with streamlining rehabilitation and return to work by providing pertinent information to Health Professionals e.g. available suitable work duties